Private Fes to Marrakech Desert Tour
Travelling from Fes in the north of Morocco to the central city of Marrakech is an ideal way of seeing two of the imperial cities of this mystical kingdom. We will get an early start and pick up from your hotel before starting out on our first stage of an adventure of a lifetime you’ll never forget.
The Fes to Marrakech Desert Tour will take us three days (two nights) to complete and the memories and photographs you’ll bring back with you will last a lifetime. You will cross the Middle Atlas Mountains, witness ethereal cedar forests, fascinate at the cheeky little Barbary apes and experience unbridled views across the Ziz Valley and its gaping gorge.
You will even have the opportunity to mount the proverbial caravan of the desert when you climb on a camel and trek like a true desert nomad to Erg Chebbi complete with its sand dunes. All camel tours and trek will be accompanied by an experienced local guide. The desert guides are highly experienced with the camels, so you will be in safe hands on your journey atop this local desert mammal.
Watching the sunsets and the sun rising over the deserts is an experience that will live long in the memory – but seeing the dark skies at night allows the desert camper to witness ten times as many distant sky objects as you might in any city. We will dine under the stars too. Sleeping takes place under a nomad tent cover and gentle Moroccan drums add to the ambience of the desert night.
Also on the Fes to Marrakech Desert Tour you will witness:
- The Todra Gorge
- The Valley of the Roses
- Kasbah at Ait Benhaddou
- Traverse the high Atlas Mountain range down into Marrakech.
- Pick up from your hotel in Fes
- Modern air conditioned Minibus from Fes to Marrakech.
- Visit Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, Todra Gorge , Dades Valley
- Local guide who meet you at Todra Gorge
- Camel treks into sahara dunes
- First night at Erg Chebbi dunes desert camp with camel treks, dinner and breakfast
- Second night in Dades Valley hotel including dinner and breakfast